CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 07, 2010

Readers Digest Recap of the Past 6 Months...

December: We went to California for Christmas. It was kind of crazy having everyone at home, but we all survived and had a really nice Christmas. We took some family photos, here's a cute one of my favorite boy and my mom!


January...Nothing to report about January!

February: My sister had her little girl! So we now have 2 grandkids on my side of the family. She's already so big, and now that she's moving to California I won't get to see her only a couple of times a year :( I turned 29--one more year--nothing much else about it. This is seriously my least favorite month of the year here in Utah. I am just so sick of the cold, wet, and snow by this point. It's all I can do to make it through the month and hope for a couple of nicer days in March to tease me into thinking it's going to be spring.

March: Decided that yes we were going to go to Hawaii for my brother's graduation!! My mom came to visit at the end of the month which was fun for the baby cakes. He loves "Mamaw" so much! Thankfully there were a couple of nice days mixed in with the ugly to help me get by until Hawaii.

April: Hawaii! I spent the month, or two, before we left worrying about how it would be going to Hawaii with the baby. How would he do on the plane? How would he adjust to the time change? What would he be like at the beach/parks? The plane ride there was more difficult that we would have liked--Creighton was more surprised at how hard he was, but since he's never flown with him before he had no idea what to expect. The ride home however was great because there were some extra seats and we could put his car seat on the plane--oh what a life saver!! And I don't know how he did it, but he adjusted to the time change really well and loved the beach and sand more than anything. He is always so happy when he is outside, playing, and running around :)

So I looked through the pictures we have loaded on the computer (which I think is all of them) and only found about 3 days where we took pictures of something else besides the scenery. Which is fine and all, but when you are there for 14 days, it would be nice to have something to prove it with. Plus one of the days is some pictures of us out moped riding, and unfortunately for me, I look awful! Nothing like a picture to tell me that the 6 days a week I put into the gym just isn't making much difference!!! Anyway, we had a nice time and got to see a lot while we were there. Of course, it went by too quickly, but it was so beautiful, and the perfect time to get away from the awful weather in Utah. I've decided that if I could afford it, I would take a nice, warm vacation every winter.



May: We planted a garden this year. I hope I don't kill everything after all of the money we put into it starting it up. It will be worth it for sure, if things grow!! I also made a valance for the little guy's room and some pillows for him (with the cute fabric I got from Hawaii). I also took an extra entertainment center that we had and painted it a fun bright color to use as a storage shelf for books and baskets of toys. We moved furniture around so we are now using the extra bedroom as a little playroom for cutie pie. When the pictures are all off of the memory card I will take some pictures of some of our projects and post them up. It seems like there are always a million things for me to do, and slowly I am getting things done.

Also during May our little guy started climbing out of his crib everytime we tried putting him to bed, so we changed his bed to a toddler bed, and after about a week he was doing pretty good, and after two weeks he was back to normal. It was much earlier than I wanted--I had been hoping to keep him in his crib, until we needed the bed--which isn't for at least a year--so I was bummed when we were forced to change his bed (or worry about him hurting himself everytime). But we survived that transition, of course, and are (not) looking forward to the next one--potty training! AHH!!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

If you ever need guest passes...seriously. Just let me know. Most people are afraid to ask and they just expire every year. :) Isn't Hawaii so great? I love the islands. Thanks for posting an update on you and your family! I can't believe the little guy is in a toddler bed already. Post pics of your house! :)

Paul/Heather said...

You are the BOMB! Seriously- you can do EVERYTHING! I am just cool for knowing you.
when can I come by to play? wanna bring your bug out to a splash park here?

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

sounds like you've been busy the last few months. The little guy is so adorable! I love his smile. Hawaii looks fun,someday I hope to make it there. Glad to hear what you've been up to! Miss you!

The Pingels said...

Looks like fun! And p.s., you look great!

Camille said...

Sarah! Good to hear how you are doing! I'm with ya on the blog thing. Sometimes it just takes 5 minutes I don't have. I'm glad to hear you are doing well! I ran into Emily Manwaring today in Bountiful. Small world! Stacie and I get together every so often, it would be awesome if you could come sometime! VCTR reunion!

Shandi Brown said...

Hey girls, its been a while and I have been thinking about you. Glad to see all is well and you had a great time in Hawaii. Those pics of Dawson are darling!

Shandi Brown said...

Ha, ps i ment girl:)

Eric and Hayley said...

Well it's about time! I didn't check back here for a while and I missed 3 posts! Yay! that's what I like to read. You have been doing fun things so please don't act like life if boring for you. For one thing, it is oh so exciting b/c I'm in it and I bring lots of drama. Second of all, you are always doing some cool project that would be great and easy to post about b/c it gives others ideas for things they can do. Even if you got the idea from somewhere else in the first place. I'm pretty slackerish at blogging consistently myself and we both know I'm not an exciting poster, but it keeps people who are interested in the know. And we both know it really doesn't take to long to write a post--it's just committing ourselves to do it:) I love you. Thanks for posting.