CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 06, 2008

My Week in California!!!

So last Monday I left Utah to go home for a visit! My mom had planned a great shower for me that was going to be on Tuesday. Here are just a couple of pictures from the shower. I got to see so many great friends and family members. It was so nice and tons of fun :) I got some wonderful gifts too. Everyone was so kind and generous, it was amazing!!


Then later on in the week for the 4th of July my mom and I canned blackberry jam, from the berries grown in my parents' garden. We made 4 batches which made about 24 pints of jam!! I can't wait for them to come up this September and bring me some :) (The pictures of the jam are farther down because we hadn't showered and gotten ready for the day yet, so my mom said no to the pictures until later!!
After making jam we made homemade ice cream and then drove to the beach to visit my grandma and grandpa. The live on a hill that over looks 3-4 other cities and their fireworks, so we get to see a great show whenever we go there. It wasn't foggy at all and so we saw tons of fireworks and they were beautiful. I tried to take a couple of pictures with my mom's camera, but we were too far away, and I'm not the best photographer, so here is what you get. Sorry if all you see is black--I promise, it really was beautiful!


Here are the pictures of the jam. You can't quite see all of the jars, but you get the idea. My mom is with me in the bottom picture. It took quite a lot of convincing to get her to be in the picture with me, but I think it turned out cute:) I love you mom!!!!!




So that's been my week in a nut shell. I've been helping my dad on little projects here and there, but mostly just really enjoying my parents. They are so great to me and it just amazes me how much they love me. I don't know what I'd do without them. Thanks for the great week mom and dad!!

6 comments:

Michelle... said...

I love homemade jam - yummy. It looks like you had a great shower. Have you guys decided on a name for the little guy yet?

Amber Thompson said...

Oh your belly is looking so cute and picture ready!! Lol. How exciting!!

Eric and Hayley said...

So I had better be getting some of that jam missy:) It looks like you've got enough to spare some for me:) Sorry I couldn't make it to the baby shower, that would've been so much fun!

Mandy said...

What a fun week! you are looking so cute!

Erin said...

I'm glad you had such a fun getaway before baby comes. I can't wait to see the bedding. You are still looking cute Sarah!

The Mom said...

Oh yum yum yum!!! Sounds like such a fun visit. I always love going home too - there's just something special about being with your mom ;)