CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End...

So Thursday started out as a nice day. I got my hair cut in the afternoon and Creighton got to try his hand at baby-sitting (which got him to change another diaper...woo hoo!!). My hair turned out good, and the baby was pretty good for Creighton. Things were going well. Later that day we were going to go to Smoothie King-a new smoothie place to Utah, but a old time favorite of Creighton's from Texas-and then go and walk around BYU. We hadn't been there in a while, and we thought that it would be a nice way to get out and see how the campus has changed too. By the time we got to BYU it was a little later than we had planned, but we thought we'd get out for as long as we could. We were parking in the Museum of Art parking lot, and there weren't many spots available. We finally found one and as we were going to pull in, a car on the other side of the aisle started to back out. I told Creighton and so he started honking--at least 10 times. Well the car never stopped, luckily though she was backing out slowly. Our car was positioned so that if we went forward or backward we would have hit her, so Creighton pulled into the spot, and she kept backing out, hitting us, and scratching the back drivier side of our car!!!!! Now this is the second time we have been hit in a parking lot within the last year...and last time we didn't call the police, and the guy who hit us denied that it was his fault to his insurance and so we had to pay for everything to get our car fixed. I couldn't believe that this was happening to us again! So when this happened I was SOOO upset, I immediately started crying (hormones don't help any either) and got out of the car to check on the damage, and to get the people who were right by us when it happened to be wittnesses for us. The girl also got out of her car where she proceeded to aske me if she hit us??? Are you kidding me? I told her that YES she had hit us, and why didn't she stop when she heard us honking multiple times at her. She was surprised to hear that we had honked!! Seriously, how can some people be so blind/deaf/irresponsible?? Anyway, I called the campus police (learned my lesson from last time) and they came and took a report and got all of the information. The police officer agreed that it was in no way our fault and almost gave her a ticket, but since the damage was too bad, decided not too. Turns out, she didn't have her registration either-so he definitely should have given her a ticket for that. The police officer asked her what she was doing when she backed out and she said that she looked left and right. Um, if you are backing out, shouldn't you look behind you? I guess some people see their rearview mirrors as optional??? Whatever! So, hopefully everything will work out, we will get the car fixed, and not have to pay anything this time. The other bummer about all of this, is that Creighton's car has been in the shop for 5, yes 5 weeks, and so it was my new car that got hit, and as soon as we get his car back then we will have to take my car in. Which means I will be carless still. Luckily I was 9 months pregnant, and at home with a new baby the whole time his car has been in the shop and so I haven't necessarily needed a car. But I am going to want to get out more and more as time progresses. So I hope this process doesn't take too long! Oh, and the funny thing about this all is that a girl who was driving in the parking lot, in a perpendicular aisle to us, drove by the scene and said, "I heard you honking, how could she have not heard you?" What a way to end Creighton's last day off for the week huh?!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Hmmmmmm...lemme guess...Utah driver? ;) That's so awful! How about let me know the next time you are down here!!! I wanna see your little man!!!!

kenders said...

Oh...that's so frustrating!! Hopefully you'll have your own car soon.

It was great to see you though. :)

King Family said...

That is such a BUMMER!I am so sorry.

The Mom said...

Oh grrrr - why is it always the NEW car that gets hit? Hoping it gets fixed quickly and you can be out and about again :)

Julie said...

That so stinks!!! Call me when you need to get out. I am not working much these days.

Young Family said...

That's too bad. I hope your car is fixed soon.