CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Mom...

Friday after the baby was born, my mom and dad came to stay with us and help out with the baby. My dad, unfortunately could only stay until Monday, and then had to go back to work. But my mom got to stay until last Sunday morning. I knew ahead of time that it was going to be nice to have my mom around, to help out and spend time with, but I didn't realize just how wonderful it was going to be to have her here. My mom is my best friend, and we talk all the time on the phone-even if it's just telling each other about our days. And so it was great to have her here to be a lending hand and listening ear.
The Saturday after we got home Creighton and I had a little scare with the baby because he wasn't eating, and seemed to be having breathing problems still. Well my mom and dad took turns watching him sleep through the night so Creighton and I could finally get some sleep ( I think that put my total up to 14 hours for the whole week! I know, that's to be expected. But I was a wreck and so worried.) Having her and my dad there was such a comfort to both me and Creighton.
Every morning after I would feed the baby my mom would take him and let me catch an hour or two more of sleep, which was just wonderful. Plus she got to spend some extra time with the baby and cuddle with him. I absolutely love to see how much she loves him, it makes me feel so good inside. I know how hard it was for her to leave him, and me. And it was equally hard for me to have her leave. It's good for me to start adjusting to life as a stay at home mom, without the extra help. But it was definitely nice to have a friend and an extra hand. I miss my mom so much already.
I just want my mom to know how much I love and appreciate her. She tries so hard to do so much and be a good mom. And I want to thank her for just being her. I love her with all of my heart, and I couldn't ask for a better mother and better friend. Love ya mom!!


2 comments:

Eric and Hayley said...

I love the lil' lady too! It was fun to have her here all by herself. And I think that pic is so precious:)

The Mom said...

Aren't moms the best??? I know first hand that it's hard to live away from your mom - hopefully she'll come to visit often :) Love the pic of her and Baby ? together :)