CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

A quick update on the baby...

Things are still going well. He's really been a great baby. The amazing thing is how much more awake he is now. He will just stare at things forever. I miss the sweet "sleep all the time" stage, but I do love getting to see his eyes more, and watch him notice things as he can see better. The way he looks seems to change all the time too. It's so true that time just goes by. He will be a month old at the end of the week and I can hardly believe that. It seems that it took forever for him to get here. Each month, especially at the beginning, just dragged on. But now that he is here every second and every day just flies by. I guess that is how it always is though. I'm still trying to figure out a routine for him. He eats every 3-4 hours, which is great, but just not super consistent. Hopefully one of these days I will figure out what I am doing :) But for now, I am just enjoying every minute of him, and trying not to be too sad about how fast he is growing and changing. Creighton says that he is suppose to be growing and changing, so I shouldn't be sad about it. He's just ready for him to be smiling and talking already, and I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, and want him to be a cuddly newborn forever. No, it really is exciting to think about what the future holds for him, but it doesn't mean I won't miss this newborn stage!!

So here is a picture of him in his crib. Sorry it is crooked. I realized it after it was put on, and I don't want to go back and redo all of the pictures. Getting a post up takes enough time :) Anyway, he doesn't sleep in his crib right now, but it is so darn cute, I had to get a picture of him in it.
Just a picture of me with him. I decided that since I had actually fully done my hair, and put on make-up, I should probably take a picture with him.
Eyes wide open.
Getting his nap in after he ate. This is my favorite way to cuddle with him, but he has to be sleepy to let me do it!!

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Such sweet pictures! The one thing I regret with my babies is not getting more pictures of me and the baby together. I'm always the one snapping the pictures. :)

Julie said...

He is a cutie! Personally, I think they get more and more fun with age. Don't worry about the schedule thing. That takes time. Mine were on a schedule around 4-6 months.

Young Family said...

I'm glad things are going well. They do change so quickly. Enjoy snuggling all you can.

Michelle... said...

What a cutie! You both look great. The newborn stage is fun. Enjoy the cuddling. Before you know it he'll be trying to squirm off your lap to go play.

The Mom said...

Ohhh - the newborn stage IS the best, and it doesn't last nearly long enough - guess you'll just have to have more ;) hee hee

Sarah - he is gorgeous - and I love the pic with his eyes wide open and curious about his world - oh - and the snuggly one at the end - isn't that just the BEST!!!

He is a doll - so glad you are having fun with him :)

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

He is so adorable!!! He looks so tiny, I loved the newborn stage too. I miss it...Ainsley is almost 5 months(went way too fast), but she has changed so much. Take tons of pictures, because they change so quickly. He is a cutie! Ainsley wasn't on a schedule until we moved to Indiana...so when she was four months. So don't worry about it. Anyway, I miss you! I get comments on your cute quilt all the time when I take it to church, so thanks again!!!

~Nikki said...

Oh Sarah - what a little dear!!! We're so happy for you guys!

Paul/Heather said...

just wanted to say hi.
hope everything is good.
let me know when you want company. :)
~heather

Paul/Heather said...

just wanted to say hi.
hope everything is good.
let me know when you want company. :)
~heather

US... said...

Congrats. This is Cody from Dinkey. Your sister found me. Your little boy is so precious. Congrats again.

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Hey I am coming to Utah Oct. 22-26. I plan to go to Freedom one day to say hello to everyone because school will be out when I come home for Christmas. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to see everyone. I would love to see your cute little guy too. Do you still check your school email? Because I don't have another email address for you. Email me at bet_anne@hotmail.com or post on my blog if you would like to get together to go visit. Thanks, hope things are going well

Anonymous said...

Boy, he is adorable!