CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A few things to post about...

First of all, a big hooray because Creighton got his car back last Monday. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited we were to get it back. The first thing we had to do was get it registered, since that expired in August. But you can't register a car you don't have can you?? The next thing we realized was how filthy it was. So Wednesday morning, we gave it a good old scrub--inside and out, and now Creighton doesn't feel so dirty driving it. But here's the best part of all. Creighton told me today that the check engine light came on yesterday, and so far has stayed on--not a good thing. Let's just hope we can figure this all out quickly and painlessly. Creighton is already talking about getting rid of it, and getting a new one for him...two cars in 1 year is a little much for me, so let's hope it doesn't really get that far. We still have to take my car in to get the side fixed, but that should be much quicker--cross your fingers!

Last weekend some friends gave me a good size bag of hand picked peaches, and I decided to make some raspberry-peach freezer jam. My good friend Julie makes it, and always gives me some, and since it never lasts long at all, I thought I would make my own batch of it. Well the peaches I had made enough for about 8 batches of jam, so I went to Mitchell's to get some raspberries. I bought a whole flat, and it was only enough to make 6 batches (so I used the rest of the peaches for oatmeal and waffles), but boy oh boy is that a lot of jam. I used almost my whole 25 pound bag of sugar!! It took some time, but I think it was worth it. So far two people have told me how good it was, so I guess my first freezer jam experience can be called a success. Here are the results...

(I think that the color of the jam is so pretty, Creighton said it looked like blood :) )


Here is a peak into the baby's room. We are still finishing up the wall on the opposite side; adding some pictures and his name. So I don't have anything to post of that side. The bead board goes all the way around the room, except for that it is only 1/2 way up on the other walls. Doing the bead board this high, and with a shelf, was our friends' idea, and we just love how it turned out.

Now for a quick "quote of the day." I have to quote Bella Swan (yes I am a HUGE Twilight fan for those of you who don't know. Maybe one day I'll have a confessional on my blog where I admit just how HUGE of a fan I really am).
"EW. SNOW," Bella Swan

This is the horrible view from my back window, from this morning, after it had already started to melt. Luckily this afternoon, things look quite a bit different. I'm just so glad I didn't have to drive in it last night like Creighton did!!!!! Where oh where has fall gone? Please don't say it is gone for good. We never really had spring this year, so please don't take fall away too. Haven't we had enough winter????? I miss CA...

5 comments:

kenders said...

Amen!!! Let's go back to California!! PLEASE! I feel your pain. :) So is the snow all melted now, or should I expect some on the ground at school?

Do you think you'll ever make it back to Cali?

The jam looks soooo yummy! I can't believe you made that much! I LOVE raspberry jam. I've never tried raspberry peach, but how could you go wrong with that combination.

Oh yeah, great job on decorating his room. It's so cute.

Mandy said...

Ew. Snow. Exactly. Yuck. :(

Camille said...

I'm with you Sarah (and Bella). . . what winter again?

Eric and Hayley said...

Yeah, Cali is sounding good to me too now. So I'll tell you again just how tasty the jam is....mmm....it's so so good. Eric has toast as snacks now all throughout the day just so that he can eat your jam! I think we might be needing some more:) Although I don't have the patience/desire to make it myself.

Julie said...

We haven't had fall, have we? I am still waiting for it. Wow! What a great friend to give you such a yummy recipe ;) The room looks so cute. I can't wait to see the other side.