CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Warning: Bouncing while running may be hazardous to your health...

Throughout my pregnancy I walked at an incline for 40-50 minutes 5-6 times a week, because I was worried about running while being pregnant. Since I've had the baby I've tried to go a few times a week, but am lucky to get 2-3 times in (and it's with the baby, so it's always just walking). Well, this morning I decided I was going to make sure to leave the baby so I could try and run a little with the walking. So I fed the baby and then about an hour and half later, when he was asleep, left for a walk/jog. Have any of you tried running with DD boobs that are fairly full of milk???? (I HATE having such a big chest since being pregnant) Let's just say it is horrible. It's fairly painful, and completely uncomfortable. I could only run for a little bit at a time, and everytime I did run, I had my arms holding/supporting my chest as I ran. I'm sure that everyone who drove past me thought that I was retarded and didn't know how to run. I tried switching it up and only used one arm to support at times, but then it just looked like my other arm was lame. What am I suppose to do (I will definitely make sure that I go right after I feed next time, but what else?), how am I suppose to be able to do more than walk while I am nursing? This seriously sucks. I knew that nursing would take sacrafices, but I never thought that running would have to be one of them. Any suggestions or ideas? Anyone out there ever have to deal with this besides me? Please help!!!

7 comments:

Megan and Charlie Miller said...

Sarah! LOL! You are the best!

Mandy said...

How many sports bras were you wearing? Most of the time I would wear 2, but sometimes 3, depending on how I was working out. Good luck - that is one of the many things I hated about nursing. :)

Young Family said...

Make sure you wear a tight sports bra and run right after feeding. Your body will adjust to nursing but it can take some time. If you think your boobs got big with your first pregnancy just wait til your third. It really sucks then.

Camille said...

I got mastitis when I wore sports bras that were too tight. My milk was under control after about 8 weeks. I didn't really do any hard working out until after that. Then I would nurse the baby and run out the door! You are really motivated to be working out already! Way to go!

Julie said...

two words--sports bra

Seriously, that mademe laugh. Walking is good exercise, too, you know ;)

Keith says rub some dirt on it. :)

Eric and Hayley said...

Well I've been trying to make comments all day yesterday on you lil' blog here and it wouldn't let me:( All I have to say is thanks for the good laugh. I would recommend to keep using your hands as support. I'm confident those driving by also appreciate the calories they are buring off from laughing at you! Hope I'm one of the lucky ones next time I drive over. hahaha.

mylittlegems said...

Sarah- is it you that I have comments from?? I know several Sarah's. I'm sure your "boobs" are not that big- I was so big I did not know cup sizes came that high- you saw me after my first- I was gigantic! Wear two sports bras and nurse first. Take it a little at a time. It takes months (sorry but it is true) best of luck to you!