CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Something to cheer about...

So last week, and the week before, Albertsons was running some great deals. Oh, even the week before that too. I have to say how excited I am for their super 10 for $10 or less deals. The first week I got Campbell's Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom soups for 50 cents a piece. You can't even get Wal-mart's brand of the cream soups for that price. My mom and sister thought it was such a great deal, I had to pick them up some too. (I think I got close to 100 cans of soup :) Then the next week they had Duncan Hines cake mixes and Hershey's baking chips for 70 cents a piece (but they ran out so I had to get a rain check). Last week they had Pillsbury rolls, crescent rolls, and cinnamon rolls for $1.00 a piece and I had 30-50 cent coupons off each one. Plus they had general mills cereal $1.50 a box. Well they ran out of cereal so I had another rain check with that (not to mention the coupons I had for those too 50-75 cents off a box--all thanks to bettycrocker.com).

This morning I ran to Albertsons in hopes that they would have all of the items in that I had rain checks for and tada!!!!


10 boxes of cereal (Lucky Charms, Plain/Honey Nut/Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, and Total Cinnamon Crunch) plus 10 boxes of Duncan Hines cake mixes, and 10 bags of a variety of Hershey's baking chips all for a grand total of...$24.67!!! Now, maybe you don't think that's a great price, but I was sure happy with it all. I think that if I had bought all of these items at Albertsons at regular price (not the cheapest on a daily basis I know, but still) I would have spent about: $100.00.
Soooo cool huh?!!



5 comments:

kraytuhn said...

Wow! That's amazing! I don't know how you and Creighton are going to eat all of that food. I guess you'll have to get your baby on solids right away.

Sarah M said...

You are such a dork!!

Erica said...

you go girl - i am so impressed!

Camille said...

You are so thrifty! Teach me how!

The Mom said...

Whooo hoooo - great bargain shopping - very impressive :)